Wednesday, November 11, 2020

MARCY'S FLIGHT NUN TRAVEL BLOG- A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS!


My generation saw the coming of the Viet Nam War.  I lost many a school class mate as well as friends to that war.  The ones who came back came to a turbulent time in our social history.  It was a difficult time for those soldiers.

I remember bring soldiers back to their home towns!  Many had injuries!  My heart would break for them. It was a time of protests and unforgivable callousness towards those returning.

I had a WWII Vet who stood up for a returning soldier.  We were at the gate, waiting for our aircraft to come in.  A group of young people were chanting anti-war slogans at a returning soldier,  He was close to tears.  The WWII vet harshly scolded them- turned to the soldier and extended his hand.  Once on the airplane he asked to sit next to the returning soldier.  I arranged that.  At one point they were both chatting and laughing- which gave my heart a tug!

I had many soldiers on my flights throughout the years!  In later years with NorthWest Airlines -when possible we got them into First Class.  I even had a First Class passenger give his seat to a soldier!  Wonderful!

For all those who serve and have served- sacrificing a great deal -as well as your families-  I say GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU!
 

No comments: