Saturday, November 7, 2020

MARCY'S FLIGHT NUN TRAVEL BLOG- JUST A LITTLE REVENGE!



Most of our passengers were really lovely people!  Many had interesting stories and fun personalities!  But, of course there were those who were more of a challenge! Here's a couple that come to mind!

There was the passenger who may have had a few too many drinks.  I was in the isle with a beverage cart. We had an ice bucket attached to the cart to add ice to the beverages.  This particular gentleman was seated next to my cart- reached over and proceeded to run his hand up my leg.!! Once he moved above my knee I froze for a moment.  I'm not sure if I made a decision or if it was survival instinct, but the ice bucket went from my cart onto the man's lap.  I gasped rather loudly (my voice carries by nature, so I didn't really have to shout)- I said -"Oh my! I'm sorry! When you put your hand up my skirt you startled me!!" The passengers around him made a few gasping remarks.  His seat mate started laughing.  I gave him some paper towels and suggested he clean himself off!  He quietly got up and went to the restroom.  He was in there a long time!  I think he was holding his underwear and trousers next to the air vet- trying to dry them! I put a blanket on his wet seat and continued to serve, slightly pleased with myself! He was a quiet and meek gentleman after that!

Then there was the angry passenger who was going to miss his connection due to a weather related delay.  His language was not what it should be and was making those around him uncomfortable. He was not letting up, but getting louder and louder.  I went to the cockpit and told the Captain about my dilemma. It was one of those time I just couldn't calm a passenger down!  He was on quite a rant. The Captain stood up and put on his jacket and hat.  Being well built and about 6 foot 4 with a deep voice he was a rather imposing figure!

He came out of the cockpit, stood at the front of the airplane and with a booming voice  said "Which One!"  The angry passenger shrunk in his seat!  I pointed to him, and the passenger shrank further!

The Captain calmly explained that weather was beyond even a Captain's control and also what happens to passengers who can't control their tempers or language!  His last words were "This is not going to happen on my airplane!  Understand?"  The unruly passenger nodded and apologized to me as well as the Captain- and didn't say another word!

Difficult passengers were few and far between, but when it happened, it was always nice to have the backing of the Captain! Or have a Bucket of Ice handy!

Until next time, Dear Readers!  Remember!  Life Is Indeed An Adventure Even When It's A Bumpy Ride!





2 comments:

unit 501 said...

Cute story!

I once had a passenger who rang his call bell after a lengthy tarmac delay. With a loud voice he asked’ ‘WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS DELAY?’ Without thinking, I replied..’I know one thing I am not going to do. I am not going to charge you more for the extra time you’re spending on this plane.’ The man looked at me and burst out laughing saying that was one answer he never expected!!

The Flight Nun said...

Dear Unit 501- Thank you for your story!! That's great!! Ha! I would've loved to have thought that one up!! Good job!