Monday, August 24, 2020

MARCY'S TRAVEL BLOG- THE THRILL OF A MICHIGAN MORNING FLIGHT!

No matter how long I've been flying,  be it as a Flight Attendant or a passenger I still get excited at  the prospect of "flight"!  There's something about the sky that is alluring, a view of the world from "God's Eye"! 

I had been invited by son Steven's in-laws to spend a few days at their lake house in                    Harrisville, Michigan! It's about a three hours drive from my home.  

When I mentioned my travel plans to my son he offered to fly me there!                                                  Not only did I say yes- I said "YES! Please and Thank You!"

As we took off into the morning sky I caught a glimpse of our shadow!

Below us was a lush carpet of green!  From this view lakes were visible everywhere!

As we headed north the scene turned to a lovely patch quilt of farm fields!  At this point we turned to our "inflight" breakfast of McDonalds"! We put on our life vests for our final leg of the flight.  When going over  water life vests are a standard requirement on Stevens airplane!

This is Sand Point Peninsula extending into Saginaw Bay- in Michigan's Thumb area! The homes in the center of the peninsula are on canals with lake access.  That's a place I'd like to visit some day!

Charity Island is the largest Island in Saginaw Bay- 222 acres in all.  There are dinner cruises available to this Island!

It was time to land.  Steven said the airport was a "Bush Pilot" airport- little more than a grassy field to land on.  He was right- it was just that!  Though the wind sometimes changes just below the tree line, creating a "challenging" landing, our landing was beautiful!


As my son mentioned, Harrisville International airport is a bush pilot's airport.  I guess there's no bathroom at this airport! It looks like at one time this was a hanger.

It was time to say goodby to my favorite pilot!

As my son departed I was filled with gratitude for the experiences and adventures he's willing to share with me!  Thank you Steven!

Until next time, dear readers, remember that life is an adventure, even when it's a bumpy ride!


No comments: