Saturday, May 15, 2021

MARCY'S FLIGHT NUN TRAVEL BLOG- A MOST RECENT ADVENTURE!- FLEEING TO THE SUN!!



 I received an invite to join my dear friends, Gail and David Wyatt in Florida!  My response?  YES!! We were planning on celebration their 53rd Wedding Anniversary, David's Birthday- and an early Birthday dinner for me!



I was fortunate to travel First Class! Wow- how this pandemic has changed things! No pre-departure beverage! In fact, once in the air the only beverages offered were a little water bottle, wine, or beer! (At 8:00 a.m.!) I was informed that starting the next day they'd be allowed to serve coffee, and soft drinks also! The tray table would not come out of it's holder- hard as I tried!  And the First Class bathroom had no flush fluid!  It seems ground service may have been short handed! The Flight Attendants, especially the one in First Class was top rate!



Meanwhile I was nursing a sore finger- thanks to my old uniform luggage storable handle that never did work well!  Ouch! Pinched finger!








That was my breakfast- in First Class! Covid- go away!  I miss the more elegant Delta service!



My first day in Recreation Plantation was a bit of shopping for and to go out for dinner to celebrate their 53rd Wedding Anniversary. We went to a place called "Gators" in the Villages - where they gave double drinks and served Gator Bites!  My first bites of Gator made me realize- it's nothing like chicken! More like squid! Dinner was lovely!

The evening was filled with laughter, Which has always been part of our relationship- but some was probably due to the double drinks! (Gail and I had white wine- David had beer) Music in the square after made for a all round lovely evening! 

The next day was "Pool" day where my pale skin got a bit of sun for the first time in two years! That evening was an informal gathering at their place.  As always, people seem to naturally be drawn to David and Gail!  I've known these folks for 56 years, and it's always been so!

The following day was overcast. Gail and I did another bit of shopping. We went out for an early celebration of David's Birthday. We made reservations at a lovely place called "Augustines".

We were seated right away. We decided to order shrimp cocktail first and then order the rest of the meal.  Now comes the "Memorable" part. The Shrimp Cocktail was served in these long stemmed fancy glasses.  The waitress came with the tray- gave me mine- and then there was a clinking sound, followed by a Crash!!! Two shrimp cocktails went flying in my direction! Shrimps and cocktail sauce went all over my new sun dress, the chair, and even up the wall I was sitting by!! Oh My!! Needless to say, the waitress was embarrassed!  Someone I thought was the manager came over with a cloth and soda water. I did a lot of mopping- but managed to let the waitress know it wasn't the end of the world.  The food was fantastic!  I,  however sort of expected a bit of a discount on the bill due to the "accident".  (At least take the Shrimp Cocktails off the bill!) Perhaps I should've made a bit of a stink? Bottom line- no discount for the "Shrimp Cocktail in the lap" incident!



The dress had no lasting stains, so all was well that ended well. Again there was music in the square, so sat and enjoyed watching folks dance.






It seems that most folk in the Villages use fancy golf carts as transportation! I got a kick out of this one!





The next day we celebrated David's Birthday with some of their neighbors! 

Gail gave him a gift certificate for a ride in the Yankee Air force Museum's B-17! My ex-husband flies the B-17 for Yankee out of Ypsilanti, Mi. So- the plan is for David to be on one of his flights! And the added bonus- he'll be able to sit in the cockpit's extra seat!



David was one happy camper!



Goodbye diet- hello goody table!  These folks certainly know how to celebrate a Birthday!







The following day was the "end of the season" party for the snow birds! Just a few couples getting together from the neighborhood! One of the group was a photographer, so took pictures of each of us!

There was also a picture of the full group- but that photo isn't available!


Monday was exercise class!  Oh My God!  Lots of muscles I haven't used in a while!!  It certainly made me aware of what I need to work on! Then the rain came in!  It was a lazy rainy laid back day, which was good.  After all the excitement it was nice to have one of those days!


It was a "pull the hair back, no makeup, time to relax day again!

That early evening we went to a Japanese restaurant for a Bento Box dinner.


Wednesday was my last full day in Florida! Again with the exercise class! I did a tiny bit better this time!  The rain had gone bye bye so it was Pool Time!  Hurrah!  Swimming!  My favorite sport!

We rounded out my visit with my early Birthday celebration!  We went to a restaurant called "Eaton Beach".  There was a wait for seating inside, but no wait to sit on the lower deck- outdoors!  That would be our favorite spot!  The dinning was more casual, but the setting was so lovely! We didn't mind at all!



I had the Shrimp Boil! Yum!


These wonderful people have given me such a fantastic vacation! 





As always, laughter is such a part of our relationship!  How good it was to enjoy Gail and David's company!  We still marvel over all we've been through together in the past 56 years!







Gail had wanted to see the sunset! This was the perfect spot jutting into the water from the restaurant!








Picture taking time!






The Sunset was all that we hoped for! Breathtaking and dazzling as it shone across the lake!

        

And the next day I flew home! I had a bit of a sun kissed face and wonderful memories!


Goodbye, Florida!  I'll see you next Winter! The return flight was different.  I was again in First Class. But the cabin crew made quick work of any service- very little interaction- and what there was was curt.  Yep- Covid-19 sure has changed things! Perhaps they were afraid to look anyone in the eye- for fear of having to talk?



So that's my adventure!  I wanted to share it with you- knowing that we are all hungry for a change of scenery - and perhaps something positive to think of!

Until Next Time, Dear Readers!

Life Is Indeed An Adventure!  And What Better Way To Have A Wonderful  Adventure Than With Best Friends!

No comments: