Monday, December 5, 2011

Marcy's Travel Blog- Carpinteria, Here I Come!!

Image Detail

I received a wonderful invitation to visit my friend Phyllis, who lives in Carpinteria, California. When Phyllis told me Carpinteria wasn't as warm as Hawaii, but much warmer than Michigan- I thought it would be a perfect December mini vacation. As often as I had flown into California, I have never visited Santa Barbara or Carpinteria. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to exploring and experiencing!


The Spanish named the area "Carpinteria" because the Chumash tribe, which lived in the area, had a large seagoing canoe-building enterprise, or  "carpentry shop" there; this was made possible by the naturally occurring surface tar which was used to seal the canoes.  (Courtesy of Wikipedia)

Weather is not the tropics, with the temperature being in the 60's during the day, and a bit below 40 at night. So, I won't be packing my bikini this trip! I believe t-shirts, sweaters, and slacks will serve me better than beach wear!

My friend Phyllis is such a gracious soul! She's already planned some adventures for us! I'm looking forward to seeing what she's got up her sleeve!


 The plan!: Fly on Delta Tuesday (12/06) from Detroit non-stop to Los Angeles. Then take a 2 1/2 hour bus ride to Carpinteria! I plan to stay until Sunday (12/11), and return the way I came. So tomorrow I'll be jetting away! Join me, dear reader! Travel in itself is quite an adventure, even if it's a bumpy ride!

No comments: