Friday, November 18, 2022

MARCY'S FLIGHT NUN TRAVEL BLOG- MICHIGAN ADVENTURES!

 Summer time in Florida can be a bit toasty!  So, August of this year I said goodbye to Florida heat and headed north to Michigan and family!

                                     Goodbye, Florida!

My host for my stay was my ex-husband! After being divorced for 35 years, we've become good friends- allowing us to enjoy our family and get-togethers without any drama, etc.


He has a lovely place in the country.  This was my morning coffee spot- quiet and tranquil!

In spite of  my family's busy schedule- they still  made time for gatherings! My Son Steven and family always host our family gatherings!


Daughter-in-law Mia always puts on a wonderful feast for family gatherings!  Her steaks are out of this world!! Yum!


It was perfect weather for dinners, sharing stories, and thoroughly enjoying each other!

The next adventure was (of course) a flying one! 

We headed to Owosso, Michigan. My son Steven flew his Maule, (along with my Ex) giving me time to laugh and enjoy time with my Granddaughter Payton!  



 Once in Owosso we had lunch at the little cafe there at the airport!  They were closing, but stayed open to feed us!  Gracious people!


My Son and Granddaughter headed on to Traverse City, while my Mr. Ex and I picked up his aircraft that was being worked on.


Off we went, heading bak 
towards Brighton, doing some circles along the way to check a few things out!  It was a little bumpy, but lots of fun!

Now the "Real" adventure began!  Mr. Ex decided he was going to trim trees! (Farm boy style!) With ME at the controls!  Using his tractor bucket, he had ME hoist him up to tree top level!  Oh my!


The higher the bucket went, the more the whole thing shook! 


I told him- "Don't you dare fall! " If something happened and I have to tell the police I was controlling this thing  ( Yes, Officer! I'm the ex-wife and it really WAS an accident!)- They would never believe me!  Lol!  Thankfully, nothing happened!

My reward for that nerve wracking experience was an evening at a lovely outdoor place called "Brewery Becker".


Their main beverage is beer, which I don't drink. But there are other beverages and wonderful snacks to be had.  You can even bring your own food and your dog- and enjoy a brew and outdoor quiet time!


We had cheese and smoked salmon, served with bread- yummy! 

I had a ride into town in Mr. Ex's  model T!



But... I had to be the one to give it a PUSH to start! Good thing I still have muscles! I insisted I knew how to "Pop a Clutch", but pushing was my job, I guess. Going down his driveway was easy- but trying to give it a push when it was time to leave town was a bit of a challenge! In truth, a ride in that vehicle was FUN!

Another highlight was taking my Daughter-in-law and Grandkids out to the Olive Garden- where the dessert of Italian donuts made a big hit!


 So- it was back to Florida after two really wonderful weeks with family!

And then came Hurricane Ian!  At the last minute I got the last First Class seat out of Orlando- on the last Delta flight to leave before Orlando airport shut down!  


30 minutes after take-off this is what I saw out the window!

 I had another wonderful visit, but failed to take pictures! 

Son Steven and family took us to a restaurant called "The Gandy Dancer" in Ann Arbor, Michigan!  It's an old train station converted into a beautiful restaurant.  The food and service was superb.  It is quite an expensive place! So grateful for the opportunity to enjoy that experience with family! As always, Steven's humor was in high gear!  What fun!


Here we are at the Gandy Dancer. 
Steven wrote: 
When I’m with my Mom I revert to being 5 years old. She’s looking for something specific in her purse and I jump in. I put on her glasses, eat the candy, take the money. It doesn’t even phase her.
😂 My kids enjoy the banter.

Two weeks later I flew back to Florida- with no damage to my property and only a few plants in stress.

So that's my Michigan adventures!  My next?  Heading back to Michigan on Christmas day to family- and a bit of pet sitting!

Until Next Time!  Remember, Life Is Indeed An Adventure! And  When Trimming Trees Or During Hurricane Season The Adventure Gets Even More Interesting! 

I Am Blessed With Love And Laughter Through It All!

2 comments:

Wilhelmina said...

Hey Marcy,
What a great write-up! You DO know how to spin a good tale. Having been here during that time I can testify that it's all true. The pictures of Mr Ex on the tractor are precious. Look forward to sharing time at Christmas with you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Willy! It is always a pleasure to spend time with you all! Looking forward to Christmas also- and some cut throat “Sequence” games!