Wednesday, June 2, 2021

MARCY'S FLIGHT NUN TRAVEL BLOG- "RETIREES ON THE ROAD SERIES" PART 11- JENSEN BEACH!


 For those of you just joining the series, back in 2008 my friend Diana and I celebrated our retirements by taking a 65 day road trip. The plan was to  take secondary roads only from Michigan to Florida and back. It didn't take long to realize there were three personalities in the car! 

There was Diana, myself, and Gertie GPS! 

When I last left you Diana and I were fighting with Gertie GPS, who was trying to feed us to the alligators!

On this day the predicted high was 80 degrees so off we went to find a beach on the Atlantic Ocean. It was a beautiful drive and some of the homes along the route were fantastic! However, I didn't think I'd want to be in these homes during hurricane season!

Jensen Beach had a beautiful park right at the foot of the causeway that crossed the inlet to Hutchinson Island. We crossed the causeway but didn't see the beach!  We stopped at a pizzeria- Diana asking me to go in and ask where the beach was.
 The nice Italian man who greeted me said- "Whassa Matter You?! You no looka to the right?! Itsa righta there--across the street!"    

Duh!!

We cross the street, walked up some wooden stairs and behold! There before eyes was a beautiful snd beach and the Atlantic Ocean!  It was quite windy, the water was rough and rather chilly- too chilly to do more than wade a bit.

But walking barefoot on the sand and letting the foam from the waves run across my feet felt wonderful! The ocean- any ocean, has always had a tranquilizing effect on me.  It's as if the rhythm of the waves and my heartbeat go in unison, and I became part of the great wonder of life! It was glorious to bask in the sun, listen to the surf, and watch the seagulls and sandpipers.

We reluctantly left to find some food.  It was a rather somber moment, hating to leave all that peaceful beauty!  That mood was broken when I went to wash off my feet at the water pipe. My first attempt ended with an accidental shower instead of a foot bath!  Now that was a "shocking and cool" experience!! Ha!  We had a good laugh at that one!

And so ended a lovely day at the beach- followed by some wonderful Italian food!  I will add that on this day, Gertie GPS was good as gold- no shenanigans!  But I knew that wouldn't last!  Stay tuned for some fun times with Gertie GPS!

Until Next Time, Dear Readers!

Life Is Indeed An Adventure!  And A Day At The Ocean Followed By Fantastic Italian Food Makes The Adventure Sweet Indeed!

No comments: