Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Marcy's Travel Blog- Life's Balance- A Life's Journey- A Life's Work!


Have any of you ever felt torn?  Torn between wanting to go and wanting to stay?  (I think there's a song that goes something like that.)

I've experienced that lately.  My mind is awhirl with ideas, destinations, and sights that are calling me to go and do!  Then, another side of myself wants to become proficient at music, again learn the viola, piano, voice and guitar.  I'd love to learn to sculpt. I love to dance! Those things require being a bit closer to home.

So- the quest for me is NOT to somehow become two people, but to find a balance.  There's work, there's play.  There's talents to be honed, and adventures to be experienced.

Then, by far first on my list- there's family, there's friends.  And there's also badly needed times of solitude.  There's even a book or two (or three) crying to be written.





I have been so fortunate in my life time to have had wonderful adventures, and have met people from all walks of life.  I've traveled the World, seeing places and making friends all around the Globe!  How blessed I have been!  I've had two wonderful sons, now have two beautiful Grandchildren and Daughter-in-law to add to the family tree. Truly, I've already lived a full lifetime!  And yet…

My imagination is running wild again with humorous scenes!  I can see myself at 103 years old, worn and old- standing at the golden gates. (One can only hope!)  What would I say to Saint Peter?  I know what I'd say!

 "Send me back!  Let me sit by the ocean one more time and listen to the Earth breath! Let me taste one more exotic dish, meet one more amazing person.  I want to see one more sun rise, feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair!  Let me watch an Eagle fly! Let me fly myself!  Let me see the colors, the beauty!  I want to hear one more baby's laughter, hear one more beautiful symphony!  And as the sun sets, let me see the beautiful magenta and gold play across the ocean!  As the stars shine in the night sky, and the full moon smiles down on me, hear my prayer for maybe one more day!"

And I'm sure Saint Peter would tell me to get my tired old Gypsy Italian butt into the gate and stop being such a hog!  LOL!

So, back to the subject at hand: Balance.
 My Life Long Quest.  Of course, logic says it's easy.  Take 15 days a month for adventure and travel- and of course writing for you wonderful readers.  And take 15 days a month to be at home, doing those domestic, musical, talent honing, family adventures.  And maybe even sharing a few of those with you readers as well.

Wish me luck on that endeavor!  This is something I've struggled with for a while now.  So I thought I'd throw my thoughts out into the Universe of Blog Land, and then let go of the struggle.  I thank you for letting me share my thoughts, (no matter how "out there"), with you fine folk!

Life is full of adventures, some in far off places, some in our own back yard, and some within our hearts and souls!

But it is an adventure, even when it's a bumpy ride!


No comments: