Thursday, January 31, 2013

Marcy's Travel Blog- The Best Laid Plans...


My plan was to leave Michigan for Florida today- Thursday- January 31st. Needless to say, Mother Nature had other plans.

However, I'm being prompted by my pilot son to confess! As a former Flight Attendant, I should:

 (#1) Be aware of the weather forecast for the morning!

(#2) NOT leave the house 15 minutes late!

So! Here I was in Howell, Michigan. It normally takes about 45 minutes to get to Detroit Metro Airport. (My son was driving) I left the house at 8:15 a.m., to be at the airport at 9:00 a.m. for a 10:00 a.m. flight!






And after about 5 minutes on east bound I 96, we hit stop and go traffic! Actually, I was grateful for the slow going, because it was very icy! By 8:45 we hadn't gone very far! Time to turn around and head for home! Friday's another day! Though I'm disappointed that the Florida sun will not shine on my face today, I'm happy to be safe and sound.

The other consideration is that I fly standby. That means if others (full fare passengers) also misses that flight, They are first to get on the next available one. I could possibly sit at the airport all day and not get on a flight. I'd rather try for the first flight tomorrow- which is exactly what I'm going to do.

I've heard on the news that there was a pile up of over 20 vehicles on I-75 with 4 dead and at least 20 rushed to hospitals with injuries. The expressway is closed both north and south bound.

On our ride back home son Steven and I sipped Starbucks coffee and tried out a new tongue twister he invented. While I won't share it with you- trust me, it was FUNNY! Humor always has a way of dispelling any tension and stress. I love it!

So catch me tomorrow! Hopefully I'll be basking in warmer temperatures by afternoon!

Life is an adventure, even when best laid plans go astray!

Looking from our back yard to the neighbors! Wish you could see the mini- blizzard going on!



No comments: