Friday, October 5, 2012

The CADILLAC Of Service!






I'm sure we all have heard the expression "The Cadillac of..." when referring to something extra special. I'd like to share a recent experience I had with extraordinary service! Since "customer service" was my forte for years, I'm pretty in tuned to how well, or poorly an establishment handles their customers.


















I have the privilege of driving a Cadillac. (Thanks to the wonderful Christmas gift from my son Steven!) It was time for the first oil change! Obviously, I don't put lots of miles on my car! But it was time.








I don't know what others have experienced at dealerships when it comes to the service department, but my past experiences with other car dealership service departments have not been good! I brought my new Saturn into the dealership for an oil change once- only to have them fail to put any oil back in the car!! Yep- they ruined the engine! Then refused to give me a new vehicle! They replaced the engine, but it never was the same! So- yes. I'm a burnt child, so to speak.

But down to the Cadillac dealership in Novi, Michigan I went- hoping they would be civil and do what they were suppose to do.






I was greeted warmly by the staff. Chris Guertin was my service agent. They gave me an idea how long it would take, reminding me that the car would also be washed and waxed when they were done. What? Really??!!














The waiting area was not the usual plastic seats in a cold and dirty room. It was part of the show room. Soft leather seats, a play area for children, and little tables made up the comfortable setting. But that's not what impressed me











As I sat at one of the little tables working on my computer, I would overhear sales people and service people exchange friendly greetings. Polite, respectful,  and courteous conversation was all that was heard. I even overheard a salesman asking about how a service person's family was doing. I had a question or two for the ladies behind the "payment" desk. Smiles and friendly exchange again!

The whole "air" of the place was relaxed, courteous, and cordial! Wow! I was impressed, not only because the service they were giving me, but how they treated each other. I mentioned this to one of the salesmen. He said that he felt the general manager, Ed Pobyt Jr. really sets the mood for the dealership.

Whatever "training" these folks receive in customer service, I think EVERY company ought to have it!

Now for the finale! When my car was brought around to the service area, I put my computer down to talk with the service agent for a moment. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I had left my wonderful MacAir Apple computer at the dealership! I'm not a cynic by nature, but the first thought was "Kiss it goodbye! You'll never see it again!"

I made a frantic call to the dealership. Once connected to the service department they assured me- Yes, it was there, and in safe keeping for my pick up the next day.

And yes, folks. It was there, intact, everything as it should be!

So- Cadillac of Novi and Owner Mr. Frost:  Keep doing what your doing! Thumbs up to it all! You have my business! But more importantly, you have my respect and admiration! Way to go with the "Cadillac of Service!"








No comments: