Sunday, February 19, 2012

Marcy's Travel Blog- The First (Small) Leg Of My Journey!

My sights are set on this Makaha paradise!


Today is Saturday. Here in Michigan one never knows if they will wake to snow and ice, rain, fog, or sunshine and 40 degrees! So, to assure myself that I was going to arrive at the airport tomorrow morning-stress free, icy roads free, and on time, I decided to stay at a hotel near the airport tonight.





My hotel of choice? The Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport Hotel. My son David agreed to drive me here from Pinckney. On the way, we stopped for a late lunch at the Hamburg Subway, and thoroughly enjoyed our sandwich and conversation. Since the "Smoke Shop" was practically next door, I decided to stop for a carton of cigarettes. Those babies are very expensive in Hawaii. Son David thought it would be a perfect time to quit, even though I smoke about a half a pack a day. ( Being my only vise, I decided to  purchased them anyway.)


Off to the hotel we went. Once we arrived I gave him a hug, said our goodbyes, and he was on his way. I was pleasantly surprised at how helpful and friendly the staff is here!




                                 The check in was done by Tranisha- efficient and friendly!





                       It took no time at all to check in and settle into my nice king size room! !
                       (Balcony overlooks the lobby!)


( A little amusing side note: After I got settled into my room, I received a text from son David telling me that I had left my cigarettes in his car!! I could almost see him doing a happy dance! Ha! The last time I saw him that happy over my misfortune was when I lost my voice for a full week! He was a young teen at the time. He happily declared then that he now knew there was a God!- And that it was the happiest week of his life! What a chuckle! I raised my sons to have a sense of humor- and they turn it on me!)

But back to my accommodations! I wandered the hotel for a bit, looking at the lovely lobby.







                                   They have a large computer area near the lobby lounge.





                                        Lots of cozy sitting areas throughout the lobby




                                                               A great pool




And here are the balconies overlooking the lobby. I'm on the sixth floor, to the far left. (Glad I don't have a problem with heights!)


I decided a vacation is for self pampering, so got room service! (Tossed salad, chicken wings, coffee, and a glass of wine!)  Unfortunately, the chicken wings were underdone and a bit bloody near the bone. A call to room service got an apology and a replacement that was much better! I'm now munching throughout the evening!





I'm impressed with this hotel! Price wise, it's about in the middle. Everything is VERY clean! You can not walk past a staff member without them greeting you and smiling. The pool, WiFi, in room amenities, lobby computer area are top of the line. Needless to say, the next time I have an early morning flight, I'll be at this hotel the night before!



Tomorrow morning I head for Los Angeles, then on to Hawaii! I CAN'T WAIT!!! By the time you read this, I hope to be winging my way west! Or, I may be people watching at the Detroit Airport, still trying to get on a flight! !


Either way, an adventure awaits!   Until tomorrow then!!


1 comment:

Jan said...

Happy Travels Marcy !!!