Saturday, December 24, 2011

Marcy's Travel Blog- Michigan's Lights!!!



One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the wonderful display of lights! When I was a child, my family would drive around in the eveing, oo'ing and ah'ing over all the beautiful colors and different decorations! This is the part of Christmas I never out grew! I'm not fond of snow, but  I do have to say that a snow fall makes all those lights sparkle like gems! Without a white Christmas this year, we won't have quite the same effect- but the lights are beautiful, none the less. Whether it's a simple elegant row of lights or a glitzy briliant desplay, I like them all! This year I was hard pressed to find many outstaanding lights. Even in the town of Brighton, Michigan- the lights were toned down and the decorations much less pleantiful! (A sign of the economic times perhaps.)




 
These lights look like they're floating!











 








 
The Christmas tree in the center square in Pinckney, Michigan





















 
My friends chose a red and silver theme- lovely!


Brighton Mill Pond

 


May the light of happiness be in each of your hearts this season and this year!

Merry Christmas!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the lights too. Thanks for sharing light from Brighton. We always had our house lit up.
Hugs, Deanna