Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Marcy's Travel Blog- Glorious Dance, Music, And Architecture!





Thanks to my friend "LJ", last weekend I had the opportunity to volunteer at the beautiful Detroit Opera House for the "Nutcracker" ballet  matinee! Before the ballet began there were a host of things for children to do. Of course there was seeing Santa. The Nutcracker was there, as well as Reindeer and Face painting. I was in charge of collecting the $5/child for the face painting. I wish I could have  gotten "before and after" shots of these precious angels, but business before pleasure, so my tasks kept me busy right up to the curtain call.









I was thrilled to see all the children, dressed in their holiday best, anxious for all the wonderful things available. Since I worked before the ballet, I didn't have the oportunity to take a lot of pictures, and cameras were not allowed during the performance. But I did get to wander during intermission and enjoy the splender of the building, listen to a wonderful choir sing, and watch the children stand in awe of all things Christmas! The Ballet was wonderful this year! All that talent, young and old, made for a wonderful experience!

Nothing can get me in the holiday spirit like beautiful lights, holiday decor, children, and music! I can now report that I am now 100% in the mood for Christmas!



The Nutcracker himself, greeting the children.




Santa, ready to hear all those Christmas wishes!






One of the many beautiful views of the Opera House decor






The ushers added to the holiday spirit!





Beautiful!



Decorative arched doorway




The choir sounded heavenly!!



The entrance viewed from above


 


                                                 Even I have a few Christmas wishes!



   The MOT Dance Council is a part of the Detroit Opera House. They are hosting a Holiday Extravaganza on Wednesday, December 7th.  This event will be at Leon & Lulu. Once a roller rink, Leon & Lulu is now a unique furniture and gift store, located at 96 West 14 Mile Rd. in Clawson, Mich.
   On this magical night, 10% of all purchases will be donated to the Michigan Opera Theatre Dance Council. Enjoy drinks, hors d'oeuvres, a ballroom dance exhibition and a silent auction. For more information, call (313) 237-3236.



   I now find myself humming Christmas songs and admiring all the wonderful lights throughout the city!  Next week I'll be venturing to California to see how a warm weather climate decorates for the holidays. Please join me while I do a little California exploring!

No comments: